Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Is 4 or 5 days enough for Cambodia

• AoA

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2012

I don't really need an extensive amount of time in Cambodia but just enough to see a few places, take a few pics and move on the next stop. SR, Sville and PP are the places I plan on going to. So I guess muy question is, is 4 or 5 days (6 max) enough to see these places?

#1 Posted: 25/9/2012 - 15:50

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Only if you cut it down to 2 locations. For your purposes of breezing through and snapping a few pics, skip Sville; it won't be worth the travel time to get there. Allow 3 days in Siem Reap, 1 day travel time, and 2-3 days in PP.

#2 Posted: 25/9/2012 - 19:37

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 71

6 days to see Cambodia...yeah, keep it to a max of 2 places.
    If you ask your tuk tuk driver to go slow you might not even have to get off of it!

#3 Posted: 26/9/2012 - 01:30

• AoA

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2012

So Sihanoukville is it worth a visit? I don't expect to see the WHOLE CAMBODIA in a week but Siem Reap, Phnom Pehn and Sihanoukville 2 days each should be sufficent or at least I would hope so. Time really isn't that important to me on this trip but I would like to keep my days in Cambodia to at least a week, I still have about three more weeks after that to see other locations, Laos being one of them.

#4 Posted: 26/9/2012 - 08:23

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Hey, when you get to PP (or even before for airport pick-up) and you need a tuk tuk call my buddy "Polo". Great dude, honest and he'll help you to get the most out of your time. His mobile is 012 454 842.
    I originally planned a week or two in Cambodia on my first trip. That was about 5 years ago. I stay every every time I go to Asia. There is something about the place that has captured me...
    Have fun.

#5 Posted: 26/9/2012 - 09:00

• AoA

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2012

Thanks for the help but I think I'll just get a tuk tuk driver and all that when I get there, I'm in no rush. Thanks again

#6 Posted: 26/9/2012 - 09:04

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

I'd say NO. Not enough time, I don't believe in rushing through places and taking snaps and saying "I was in Cambodia" Not my style.

#7 Posted: 26/9/2012 - 11:52

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 71

@altmtl - I hear ya dude. But buddy only wants to fly through and snap some pics. Clearly it is just a "hey, been there - saw that, got my passport stamp" kind of thing.
    2 days in PP...killing fields, S21, Palace...1 day travel to SR... 2 days there...Angkor, pub street... 1 day for travelling out. Possible.
    Not my way of doing things either but it is about what AoA wants to do and not us. If this is AoA's wish to travel this way then he/she can have at it.

#8 Posted: 26/9/2012 - 12:55

• AoA

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2012

hahaha thanks for the replies but its not just a "hey been there type trip just for passport stamps" hahaha becuase I can stay 4 weeks in Cambodia if I wanted but I just wanted to get a breif intruduction to the place I don't want to write a book about it and if I like it then I WILL BE BACK, many times. It's just I have a few other spots I plan on spending way more time in than Cambodia I guess it all depends on how I feel when I get there. If I get there and I like then I will stay more than a week if I think it's soso then I'll do my week and go on about my way but if (and Idoubt it but if) I don't like it for some unforeseen reason then I'll do about 3 or 4 days knock off one of then 3 places just do 2 and go.

#9 Posted: 26/9/2012 - 13:27

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

"Siem Reap, Phnom Pehn and Sihanoukville 2 days each should be sufficent or at least I would hope so."

But you've not allowed for travel time....I'm with the 'stick to 2 places' crew.

#10 Posted: 26/9/2012 - 20:28

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

I'm thinking of spending two weeks + around Kampot, Kep & an island or 2. Not interested in SV or Angkor much (been already) - PP maybe a few days.

#11 Posted: 26/9/2012 - 23:06

• AoA

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2012

Another quick question I just came up with, is what is the chances I will find any good vegetarian restaurants in Cambodia. I know there may be some dishes available on most menus but is there any dedicated vegetarian restaurants in the area?

#12 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 08:39

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

Have you tried google?

#13 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 13:15

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Check the Cambodia blog on this site, there's a couple of articles about veggie eating:

http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/cambodia/2011/04/08/more-vegetarian-options-in-phnom-penh/

http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/cambodia/2011/01/09/vegetarian-options-in-phnom-penh/

Regarding your timetable, you do need to allow for travel time and the possibility of being tired and not knowing your way around when you arrive. If you're not going to book accommodation in advance, that can also take up time, especially if you have a budget to stick to. I spent three days just visiting Angkor Wat and spending some time in SR town, and that was without even visiting the Tonle Sap.

#14 Posted: 28/9/2012 - 03:42

• AoA

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2012

@AbigailatPenhandInk

thanks for that... a simple question and a simple answer.

#15 Posted: 28/9/2012 - 04:15

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

Had you of looked on google you would of found this: http://www.happycow.net/asia/cambodia/

#16 Posted: 28/9/2012 - 05:01

• AoA

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2012

@altmtl thanks so very much, but my question has been answered already. I do know about Google amazingly and I also know about Happy Cow. Happy Cow is a very through website.

#17 Posted: 28/9/2012 - 05:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.