Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Another Hollywood film shot in Cambodia

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

I started watching 'Act of Valor' (turbo-charged action movie about American Navy S.E.A.L.s) when I noticed the opening scene, supposedly the Philipines, was a vehicle rapidly approaching Wat Phnom along Norodom. So I googled it and found it had indeed been filmed on location in Cambodia. So if anybody wants to get a flavour of the lush countryside and rivers and forests of Cambodia you can see it in this movie.My one criticism if your going to make a film in one country purporting to be another -don't open it with an easily recognisable attraction. Apparently Cambodia has a burgeoning foreign film industry encouraging film companies with the offer of skilled industry workers alongside the offer of cheap local labour. I just wondered how they managed to shoot the Norodom scene without some idiot in a 4*4 pulling out of a side street on his cell phone hitting the crew.
    Also, maybe it'll help to get people out of the predictable s21, Killing Fields (nothing to see) sight-seeing box in Phnom Penh and get out and see this lovely country. When I first arrived in Cambodia there were few buses which only left when they were full and only went point to point, unwilling to pick up on route (unless you had a Khmer with you to telephone the company to explain where you were waiting) Now, there is no excuse; the buses run everywhere.Get out there people. Kampot is not the only attraction believe me. Kirirom,Ampere Phnom, Koh Kong great places to explore.

#1 Posted: 2/10/2012 - 05:19

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.