Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Another Hollywood film shot in Cambodia

Posted by sayadian on 2/10/2012 at 05:19

I started watching 'Act of Valor' (turbo-charged action movie about American Navy S.E.A.L.s) when I noticed the opening scene, supposedly the Philipines, was a vehicle rapidly approaching Wat Phnom along Norodom. So I googled it and found it had indeed been filmed on location in Cambodia. So if anybody wants to get a flavour of the lush countryside and rivers and forests of Cambodia you can see it in this movie.My one criticism if your going to make a film in one country purporting to be another -don't open it with an easily recognisable attraction. Apparently Cambodia has a burgeoning foreign film industry encouraging film companies with the offer of skilled industry workers alongside the offer of cheap local labour. I just wondered how they managed to shoot the Norodom scene without some idiot in a 4*4 pulling out of a side street on his cell phone hitting the crew.
Also, maybe it'll help to get people out of the predictable s21, Killing Fields (nothing to see) sight-seeing box in Phnom Penh and get out and see this lovely country. When I first arrived in Cambodia there were few buses which only left when they were full and only went point to point, unwilling to pick up on route (unless you had a Khmer with you to telephone the company to explain where you were waiting) Now, there is no excuse; the buses run everywhere.Get out there people. Kampot is not the only attraction believe me. Kirirom,Ampere Phnom, Koh Kong great places to explore.

#1 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.