Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Beverage in Siem Reap?

• Lionel13

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2012

I have seen that there are beverage produced in the main cities in Cambodia, ie Phnom Penh (Rice wine, palm wine and beer) Sihanoukville (beer) and Battambang (wine), but is there beverage that made in Siem Reap?
    A friend told me that there is something new but he cannot remember the name. Do you know it? Is it good?

#1 Posted: 20/11/2012 - 00:49

• Advertisement

• mickeymouse

Joined Travelfish
    2nd December, 2012

Products from palm (palm juice, palm wine and so on) I believe are local beverages. It is produced in Phnom Penh tho. There are also khmer mekong fruit juices which are also local made. Are your friends talking about Angkor Premium Beer? I saw that brand everywhere in Siem Reap.

#2 Posted: 2/12/2012 - 22:26

• Archmichael

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 2

Angkor beer is everywhere in Siem Reap (and elsewhere in Cambodia), but I do not believe there are any breweries or such at Siem Reap. Lots of palm wine made locally, but I don't think it's done on a commercial scale.

About wine at Battambang: yes, there is a winery out of town to the south-west, though I found the wine to be disappointing.

#3 Posted: 15/12/2012 - 17:34

• AngkorDraft

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    11th January, 2013

M. Lionel, would you be referring to Sombai? You know, the nice infused rice wine liqueur you get as a free taster at Asana....?

#4 Posted: 14/1/2013 - 08:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.