Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Teaching and Visas

Posted by FarangTC on 10/12/2012 at 22:03

Hi Everyone,

I plan on coming to teach in PP, Cambodia in April. I plan on flying into Cambodia from Thailand. I figure I could get the eVisa in advance or do the Visa on Arrival. Anyhow, once my one month is up, what are my options? Extend the visa 30 more days? Or go to an agent and get a multiple entry visa for around $280? Or keep getting a new visa every month?

Thanks!

#1 FarangTC has been a member since 10/12/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by sayadian on 11/12/2012 at 07:46

You won't be able to change from a tourist visa to a business visa whilst in Cambodia and a tourist can only be extended for one month.
The best way, certainly if you are flying in, is get a business visa at Phnom Penh airport on arrival.Complete the visa form asking for visa E. Not to be confused with an E-visa. $25 and photos and you've got a visa you can extend, usually through a travel agent for 3,6 or 12 months without leaving the country.Over 6 months gives you multiple entry.

#2 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by FarangTC on 11/12/2012 at 08:13

Thanks, that sounds good! Do they ever ask for any proof of you having a business, or they don't care that much?

Thanks!

#3 FarangTC has been a member since 10/12/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by sayadian on 11/12/2012 at 11:01

At the moment no. Who knows in the future.

#4 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by AbigailatPenhandInk on 3/2/2013 at 01:46 TF writer

As Sayadian says, it's easy to get a business visa (now called Ordinary, to distinguish from Tourist) at the airport, or most land crossings. There are a couple of land borders (especially the Koh Kong one) where you might be charged an excessive 'administration fee' for lack of paperwork to prove you are working, even though this paperwork is not required.

If you don't get the business visa on arrival, once your one month tourist visa and one month extension have run out, you will have to leave the country and re-enter to get a business visa.

#5 AbigailatPenhandInk has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 179
 Website 

Posted by FarangTC on 4/2/2013 at 00:59

Thanks! :-) I fly into PP on April 9th, so I plan on getting the ordinary visa to be safe. I'm not sure if I will stay and teach there, or just visit. I plan on visiting and see how I like it there, then if I like it, stay and find a teaching gig.

#6 FarangTC has been a member since 10/12/2012. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.