Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Teaching and Visas

• FarangTC

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I plan on coming to teach in PP, Cambodia in April. I plan on flying into Cambodia from Thailand. I figure I could get the eVisa in advance or do the Visa on Arrival. Anyhow, once my one month is up, what are my options? Extend the visa 30 more days? Or go to an agent and get a multiple entry visa for around $280? Or keep getting a new visa every month?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 10/12/2012 - 22:03

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

You won't be able to change from a tourist visa to a business visa whilst in Cambodia and a tourist can only be extended for one month.
    The best way, certainly if you are flying in, is get a business visa at Phnom Penh airport on arrival.Complete the visa form asking for visa E. Not to be confused with an E-visa. $25 and photos and you've got a visa you can extend, usually through a travel agent for 3,6 or 12 months without leaving the country.Over 6 months gives you multiple entry.

#2 Posted: 11/12/2012 - 07:46

• FarangTC

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2012

Thanks, that sounds good! Do they ever ask for any proof of you having a business, or they don't care that much?

Thanks!

#3 Posted: 11/12/2012 - 08:13

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

At the moment no. Who knows in the future.

#4 Posted: 11/12/2012 - 11:01

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

As Sayadian says, it's easy to get a business visa (now called Ordinary, to distinguish from Tourist) at the airport, or most land crossings. There are a couple of land borders (especially the Koh Kong one) where you might be charged an excessive 'administration fee' for lack of paperwork to prove you are working, even though this paperwork is not required.

If you don't get the business visa on arrival, once your one month tourist visa and one month extension have run out, you will have to leave the country and re-enter to get a business visa.

#5 Posted: 3/2/2013 - 01:46

• FarangTC

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2012

Thanks! :-) I fly into PP on April 9th, so I plan on getting the ordinary visa to be safe. I'm not sure if I will stay and teach there, or just visit. I plan on visiting and see how I like it there, then if I like it, stay and find a teaching gig.

#6 Posted: 4/2/2013 - 00:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.