Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

From Battambang to Sihanoukville

Posted by dardar on 23/5/2007 at 23:02

Is there a direct way to get from Battambang to Sihanoukville, or must i go through Phnom Penh?

#1 dardar has been a member since 23/5/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by Roving_Roo on 23/5/2007 at 23:55

Hi Dardar,

There is no direct bus from Battambang to Sihanoukville; you have to go through Phnom Penh. You can probably do this in one day by taking an early morning bus to Phnom Penh and then the afternoon bus from PP to Sihanoukville, but it will be a long day and unless you can buy both tickets in advance for one company (i.e. the company runs both routes as Mekong Express does from Siem Reap through to Sihanoukville) you are not guarenteed to make your connection.

I wouldn't want to be on buses for this long, but if you are planning on seeing Phnom Penh seperately after Sihanoukville and are short on days then it is worth the push.

Rachel

#2 Roving_Roo has been a member since 9/1/2006. Posts: 45

Posted by dardar on 24/5/2007 at 00:28

thank you very much for the information.

#3 dardar has been a member since 23/5/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by Roving_Roo on 24/5/2007 at 21:23

No problem. But I would check with the places you stay with in Battambang for the upto the minute local info; I am in Siem Reap (that's 6 hours away!)

#4 Roving_Roo has been a member since 9/1/2006. Posts: 45

Posted by Ashe88 on 6/12/2007 at 13:20

I spoke with someone I know living in PP, their advice was overnight in PP at the halfway point and continue early the next morning down to Sihanoukville.

#5 Ashe88 has been a member since 19/11/2007. Posts: 24

Posted by steveatkins on 23/12/2007 at 16:12

Yes, defo worth breaking the trip in P Penh, otherwise makes for a VERY long day on not the best of buses ;-)

#6 steveatkins has been a member since 15/6/2007. Posts: 33

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.