Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodia June/July 2013

Posted by travellingpoul on 10/1/2013 at 12:54

Hi there

I'm planning a trip to Cambodia this summer. I will have 4-5 weeks, 2 of which I plan to spend in Cambodia. The rest in Thailand.

But I'm not really sure if I should go to Thailand first and end the trip in Cambodia or vice versa.
Also how is the weather in Cambodia in june/july, is going to rain every dayor just some down pours in the evening?
Would love to spend some days on Koh Rong , but again travelling in june/july some say the seas are quite rough and the ride to Koh Rong is around 2-2½ hours? any advice?

But the overall plan is to see Angkor, but after that I have no idea.

Inspiration and advice comes in high regard

BR
Poul

#1 travellingpoul has been a member since 10/1/2013. Posts: 6

Posted by AbigailatPenhandInk on 13/1/2013 at 21:40 TF writer

It won't rain every day in June/July in Cambodia, although when it does rain it will be quite impressive! Generally the rain is around 1pm or 5pm and lasts about an hour.

The sea can get a bit rough on the trip to Koh Rong, so it depends how strong your stomach is! It's a beautiful island and worth a visit, though. If the journey time feels too long, think about Koh Tonsay (Rabbit Island) off Kep, or Koh Russei (Bamboo Island) off Sihanoukville instead. The boat trip is only 20 minutes or 45 minutes.

#2 AbigailatPenhandInk has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 179
 Website 

Posted by stoneman on 3/2/2013 at 05:19

When I plan my trips I fist research the internet and decide where I want to visit. Then I research airfares and decide what will work best for me.

There are websites that will give you annual average temperatures and mean rainfall for any country.

Koh Rong - if the seas are too rough there will probably be no boats. As to weather, again, there are websites that you can access for short term forecasts ( 7 days) eg accuweather.com
For inspiration check out what others have done via travelblogs.com Good source for information as well including avoiding mistakes made by others.

#3 stoneman has been a member since 8/5/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 100

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.