Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

From Bangkok To Battambang

• dardar

Joined Travelfish
    23rd May, 2007

Hi all, i'm planning to get to cambodia from bbk.
    I was wondering if i can get a bus from bbk to battambang? and if so how much time does it take and what is the price?

#1 Posted: 4/6/2007 - 11:59

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

No, there are no direct buses to my knowledge. You'd be better off to head to Aranyprathet and cross at Poipet crossing then get a share taxi to Battambang. You can read all about that trip here (the story actually covers getting to Siem Reap, but you can also get to Battambang from Poipet. Another option is to go to Chanthaburi in Thailand, then get the minibus to the crossing for Pailin. From there you can also get a share taxi to Battambang. Some details on the Pailin border crossing here.

Enjoy Battambang - great spot.

#2 Posted: 4/6/2007 - 19:58

• EmjayReet

Joined Travelfish
    4th July, 2006
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 3

Somtam

I have a change of plans and want to go to Battambang first before Siem Reap.. do you know which border crossing is quicker (the trip in total taking into account roads etc) ?? Happy to go through Poipet, having done it before but wondering if the other one mentioned is quicker/preferred for Battambang?

Reet x

#3 Posted: 29/4/2010 - 01:06

• bakpakk

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2010
    Location Cameroon

hey dardar, I'm planning on crossing over to Cambodia too from BKK...sometime during the 1st week of June. I will be print copies of the information on the link somtam2000 posted. I've been reading the information for over a month now and it's definitely going to be my guide. I'm very grateful once again for the services of travelfish :-)

#4 Posted: 29/4/2010 - 01:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.