Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

From Bangkok To Battambang

Posted by dardar on 4/6/2007 at 11:59

Hi all, i'm planning to get to cambodia from bbk.
I was wondering if i can get a bus from bbk to battambang? and if so how much time does it take and what is the price?

#1 dardar has been a member since 23/5/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/6/2007 at 19:58 admin

No, there are no direct buses to my knowledge. You'd be better off to head to Aranyprathet and cross at Poipet crossing then get a share taxi to Battambang. You can read all about that trip here (the story actually covers getting to Siem Reap, but you can also get to Battambang from Poipet. Another option is to go to Chanthaburi in Thailand, then get the minibus to the crossing for Pailin. From there you can also get a share taxi to Battambang. Some details on the Pailin border crossing here.

Enjoy Battambang - great spot.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by EmjayReet on 29/4/2010 at 01:06

Somtam

I have a change of plans and want to go to Battambang first before Siem Reap.. do you know which border crossing is quicker (the trip in total taking into account roads etc) ?? Happy to go through Poipet, having done it before but wondering if the other one mentioned is quicker/preferred for Battambang?

Reet x

#3 EmjayReet has been a member since 4/7/2006. Location: Australia. Posts: 156
 Website 

Posted by bakpakk on 29/4/2010 at 01:28

hey dardar, I'm planning on crossing over to Cambodia too from BKK...sometime during the 1st week of June. I will be print copies of the information on the link somtam2000 posted. I've been reading the information for over a month now and it's definitely going to be my guide. I'm very grateful once again for the services of travelfish :-)

#4 bakpakk has been a member since 4/4/2010. Location: Cameroon. Posts: 38

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.