Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

travel from Battanbang to Sihanoukville

Posted by breatheagain on 29/1/2013 at 22:05

We are currently in SR and know we can get a bus to BB (5 hrs/ 6$) but can anyone let us know if there is a bus to Sihanoukville that goes direct and not through PP - it seems a long way to go back there! Could we get a taxi, is there a road? How much would it cost?
thank you for any advice.

#1 breatheagain has been a member since 28/4/2011. Posts: 29

Posted by caseyprich on 30/1/2013 at 02:03

I've one a bit of research on this, but can't speak from firsthand experience. What I've heard is that you can not get to Sihanoukville without at least skirting through the outskirts of PP to get on the road south. Most people have recommended two options

1) early morning bus from BB to PP and then catch a bus to Sihanoukville in PP for a long day, but gets you there.

2) evening bus from BB to PP and then catch an early morning bus to to Sihanoukville.

I stopped with that advice and just decided to hang out in PP for a couple nights . . private taxi would probably be very costly as I heard its around 60USD to go from PP to Sihanoukville.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.