Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada

#1 Posted: 13/2/2013 - 22:28

• Advertisement

• clionamullen

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2013

God, that's awful!! Poor girl.... and her friends and family must be distraught. I was planning to visit Kampot in April as part of my travel in Cambodia but reading about this is more than a little unnerving.....

#2 Posted: 14/2/2013 - 05:19

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada

Bad things happen all over the world and Cambodia is not immune from this sort of thing.
    This is yet another tragic reminder that we need to keep our wits about us regardless of where we are. Even in mid-afternoon...
    I wonder which GH she was staying at?

#3 Posted: 14/2/2013 - 08:52

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 50
    Places visited:
    At least 43

Story says " Les Manguiers Resort". It is a little outside of town. I'm staying directly downtown and there are a lot of local expats here - but I haven't heard anyone discussing this . . .

#4 Posted: 14/2/2013 - 19:05

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

#5 Posted: 14/2/2013 - 20:45

• James_

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2013

Damn, this might happen anywhere in the world and Cambodia, but Kampot is such a nice little town. I was there a day or two after it happened and never heard about it either until I got back to SHV a few days later, and have wondered whether it was just rumour since then. Kind of reminds me of when I was in Manila, wandering the back alleys of the desperately poor in the darkest parts of the night. I actually had people offer me rounds of their version of pool and plenty of young people come out to offer directions and such - while on the other hand there were girls at the hostel I was staying that wouldn't leave the building because they'd been drugged and robbed and pick-pocketed and mugged and such. The divide in experiences, in the same place at the same time, were huge and mind-boggling.

#6 Posted: 25/2/2013 - 08:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.