Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

SIM card for Cambodia at Thai border?

• pbzvariety

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2013
    Location United States

I'm about to cross and have no idea of I can refill my dtac card there, or if it will even work so what should I do?

get a new one, and from what company, and how and...? thanks!

#1 Posted: 15/2/2013 - 22:28

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/cambodia/2011/06/23/how-to-get-a-sim-card-in-phnom-penh/

I'm just getting a new one in Battambang when I arrive from Thailand... but I'm not sure which company has the best range from the islands in the south however? Got to try and find out - your thai sim probably won't work in Cambodia.

#2 Posted: 16/2/2013 - 22:07

• pbzvariety

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2013
    Location United States

I am writing to you from my Smart card now. they have a promotion today or some time period to give u $15 data credit for $1. seriously. no idea why.

the calls are 7 cents a minute, insane yes, for local and USA.

incoming it is free.

#3 Posted: 17/2/2013 - 00:51

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hi PBZ - I just got back from Koh Rong island and had good reception on my Metfone SIM. Hello SIMs also works reasonably well there.

Given that SIM cards are so cheap here, you could always buy a couple from different providers to use them depending on your location and call type - it's what Cambodians do to make the most of the special offers!

Look for mobile phone companies' offices and mobile sales stations around town. You'll need a photocopy of your passport and a few dollars. Cellcard has a large office on Sihanouk Blvd just up from the Monument, Metfone has a few offices including one on Street 13 near the Old Market, QB have gazebos set up around busy areas ...

#4 Posted: 21/2/2013 - 21:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai/Cambodia border crossing... affected by current conflict? ... By positif on 17 Oct 2008 1 1839 17 Oct 2008
Thai/Cambodia border crossing: easiest and fastest option from Ko Chang ... By JuliaMcD on 29 Jul 2012 5 4856 12 Aug 2012