Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

beaches in july and august

• stefanovic

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2006

This summer I will be travelling in Vietnam and Cambodia for 5 weeks starting from Hanoi and ending in Bangkok. I am considering to spend a few days on a beautiful beach before heading to Siem Reap and my final destination Bangkok. The options are Phu Quoc, Sihanoukville, Kep (Kampot/Bokor) and Kho Chang. However, the weather seems to be a major problem at the end of july and the beginning of august. Would you guys advise me to spend some more time in Mui Ne or Nha Trang and skip these destinations or is it still nice to go there in this period? And which option would you eventually prefer? Thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 12/6/2007 - 15:08

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The weather will be pretty wet and rough that time of year, though I'd say that regardless of weather Phu Quoc is worth checking out if time allows. You will have less rain around Nha Trang and Mui Ne. Over in Thailand, Ko Chang will be real wet, but Ko Samet, midway between Ko Chang and Bangkok should be quite a bit drier.

The beaches in Sihanoukville and Kep don't compare to the above and will also be wet and rough...

#2 Posted: 12/6/2007 - 17:10

• HansenX

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007

I spent 3 days at Bai Sao at the southeast part of Phu Quoc Island. It was absolutely blissful. The waters were calm and clear, the sand soft and white as snow, the beach had at most 10 other people on it at any given time, and the island as a whole is still relatively undeveloped and retains its charm. There was only one guesthouse with several bungalows facing the beach as of April 2007, but already there is a building under construction, probably another guesthouse. If you can go now, it is worth making the extra effort to get out there. It definitely was for me.

From the town where the airport is located, we negotiated a rate of 75,000 dong per person (there were 3 of us) for some motodoubles to take us the 20-something km out there. The drive was gorgeous in itself.

#3 Posted: 2/7/2007 - 00:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Weather in Laos / north of Vietnam July / August & beaches in the north of Vietnam ... By stefanovic on 19 Dec 2006 1 6828 20 Dec 2006
Thailand/Laos 3rd July-6th August Full moon Party - 3rd July ... By lydmac on 30 Jan 2012 8 2096 13 Apr 2012