Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Travel from HCMC towards Thailand

• MikeScience

Joined Travelfish
    26th February, 2013

Hello,

Just wondering what some opinions are... im coming south towards HCMC and would like to see the mekong delta before venturing into cambodia. Now I would like to see Siem Reap and Phnom Penh . I want to try to fly into Bangkok from Cambodia to get the 30 day visa vs 15 day over land, and save time.

What is my best way to do this? Ive been thinking about travelling from HCMC - Mekong - HCMC - Siem Reap - Phnom Penh - Fly to Bangkok

Is this feasible and/or cost effective??

#1 Posted: 5/3/2013 - 18:38

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Depends on how much of the Mekong you want to see. You can also go to Can Tho and head north to cross into Cambodia at the Chau Doc border crossing and head on to Phnom Penh from there, then onward to Siem Reap and fly from Siem Reap to BKK. That saves you any backtracking. Flights PP-BKK are probably cheaper though, but this would save you two flights (HCMC-SR would be a flight I imagine, otherwise there would be no reason to go to PP after Siem Reap).

#2 Posted: 5/3/2013 - 19:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.