Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Psilocybin mushrooms in Siem Reap

• ThaiStick

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2013

Hello everyone. I am going to Siem Reap soon to visit the Angkor Wat and was highly interested in Psilocybin mushrooms. Cambodia being a good breeding ground for the species Cambodia cubensis, I would like to partake in a spiritual experience at the ruins with some deep-minded meditation. I am aware of the attitude towards mind-altering chemicals in Cambodia so don't waste your time telling me of the consequences. It has come to my awareness that ''mushroom shakes'' are sold openly in Cambodia, however I was wondering what is the case with dried picked mushrooms. Are magic mushrooms obtainable in picked form? Should I hunt for them in the wild? Or am I better off just buying a mushroom shake?

#1 Posted: 17/4/2013 - 01:19

• Advertisement

• JaiYen88

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2012
    Total reviews: 2

Never seen shrooms available in Siem Reap, and haven't been offered by tuktuk drivers either (and they offer you literally everything). I assume that it's a lot easier to get them in Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville, which is where the bulk of tourist drug consumption goes on in Cambodia. In Siem Reap, if you walk down Pub Street any evening you will be asked if you want various drugs by lots of different guys, so maybe ask them if they can get you some shrooms. There are Happy Pizza places in SR too so you could ask in there.

That being said, Angkor Wat is so busy all the time that I personally would not like to trip there! Need peace and quiet, not hordes of tourists milling around, snapping photos! By Angkor Wat I mean the main temple complex, so there are lots of smaller, less visited temples around where you could find that solace you need, but I doubt you'd be able to spend hours there uninterrupted...

#2 Posted: 17/4/2013 - 11:39

• Arikara1985

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2013

I intend on trying to get some when I'm in Cambodia as well. But my plan is tripping out on the beach camping with a big bonfire (thinking of going to crusoe island to do that).

#3 Posted: 20/4/2013 - 01:26

• gregmccann1

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2009
    Location Taiwan
    Total reviews: 5

You don't need to trip on mushrooms anywhere in Southeast Asia. It is illegal, and you might find yourself bugging out as you wonder if the people who sold them to you will be calling the cops to get their share of the extortion money from you. Want to deal with that situation while tripping? Furthermore, what kind of trip do you think you think you're going to have being surrounded by thousands of package tourists from Korea, China and Taiwan? Wow, that's going to be amazing.

#4 Posted: 20/4/2013 - 20:33

• Lalo27

Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2013

Never heard of it in Siem Reap and I been living here for a long time and as said earlier it is not that quiet around here...

#5 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 01:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.