Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap to Kratie and then to Banlung

Posted by Botot on 18/4/2013 at 20:03

Has anyone done this recently? I am wonder if It is possible to depart Siem Reap around noon or early afternoon and arrive in in the evening that's early enough to find a place to stay?

Also, from Kratie to Bankung, does anyone know approximately when the bus or minibus/shared taxi leaves?

Thanks very much!

#1 Botot has been a member since 18/4/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by ericgsmith on 19/4/2013 at 04:47

I went from Siem Reap to Kratie recently. We left Siem Reap around 9am and got to Kampong Cham at around 2pm to transfer for Kratie. Waited for a few hours and only got to Kratie around 8 or 9pm I think.

#2 ericgsmith has been a member since 1/9/2012. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 23
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by Rasheeed on 4/6/2013 at 08:56

If you don't care where you stay, arriving in the evening should be fine. Safer to come earlier but should be ok.

To Banlung there are crowded minibusses leaving Kratie in the morning and the big busses passing through mid-dayish.

#3 Rasheeed has been a member since 4/11/2010. Location: Cambodia. Posts: 311
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.