Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Pattaya to Sihanouk Ville by car

• spaye27

Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2013

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to Cambodia in early August. Will be in Pattaya for the first week and then I'm planning to hop over the border to Cambodia.

Was hoping to be able to rent a car and drive there and back - has any done this/is it possible. I read something about it only being allowed if you owned the car.

Also, is Sihanoukville worth the trip? Or can you suggest some other places to go.

Any help would be appreciated - total noob to Cambodia and have only done the usual hotspots in Thailand.

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 02:45

• Advertisement

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

easy trip but you will need to check with rental companies if you are able to take the car out of the country - I suspect the answer is no so bus/taxis are the answer

#2 Posted: 23/4/2013 - 06:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.