Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap in October

• turbodiesel-
    vw

Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2013

It looks like the month of October falls in between the end of the wet season and the start of the dry season in Siem Reap . Does anyone know what type of weather to expect for travelling in Siem Reap in October; would there be lots of rain or not much? Thanks!

#1 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 13:50

• Advertisement

• NYTim

Joined Travelfish
    11th September, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

very warm and no too much rain

#2 Posted: 22/4/2013 - 10:27

• turbodiesel-
    vw

Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2013

Fantastic! I'll probably go for a week or so. Thanks for the info.

#3 Posted: 22/4/2013 - 19:06

• Ova

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2012

It's actually one of my favorite time of the year. Of course it is very warm - it always is here in cambodia-, but as it is the end of the rainy season everything is green and beautiful, and it is not as hot as it gets in April or May. The risk of getting floods is minimal as well as it is not as rainy as the previous months, and it is one of the less touristic season of the year.
    Long story short: October is one of the good months to come to Cambodia!

#4 Posted: 23/4/2013 - 04:55

• turbodiesel-
    vw

Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2013

Thanks. Warm is fine as this is to be expected. As long as it doesn't rain too much it will be fine as I would like to hire a good driver to see the ruins that are further from the central ones and take my time doing it.

#5 Posted: 23/4/2013 - 14:21

• AngkorDraft

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    11th January, 2013

October can be very wet, although it rarely rains all day long. You may get lucky, but the later in the month you come, the better your chances of dry weather.

http://www.weather2travel.com/climate-guides/cambodia/siemreab.php

#6 Posted: 4/5/2013 - 04:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Siem Reap to Ko Chang, October ... By vallentine on 19 Sep 2009 3 4012 5 Oct 2009
Cambodia (Phnom Penh - Siem Reap-Bangkok) 3rd october 2012 ... By slpngg on 27 Sep 2012 0 738 27 Sep 2012