Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Which airport to exit the country?

• Jetter

Joined Travelfish
    29th May, 2013

Hi Everybody! Planing a 4 weeks trip to Laos and Cambodia. Will fly to Thailand and go by train to Vientiane, starting the journey there. Have to be in Kuala Lumpur 4 weeks later. Which would be the better airport to exit Cambodia, Phnom Penh or Siem Reap ? Ticket fare is almost the same.
    Don't want to plan to much of the journey in advance, but if I'm right it would be easier to exit Laos at Don Det and continue to Phnom Penh as to go to Siem Reap from there, is that right? So if I want to stay some days as the coast it would make more sense to leave the western part with Siem Reap for the last days of the trip and fly out from there, right?

Sidi

#1 Posted: 29/5/2013 - 05:37

• Advertisement

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

you could go to siem reap before PP even coming down through Don Det and end your trip on the coast

Unfortuately you must must a decision which I suspect may be based on which out of the coast or Angkor Wat would I be less concerned to miss out on

#2 Posted: 30/5/2013 - 06:46

• Jetter

Joined Travelfish
    29th May, 2013

Thank you. There are two daily flights from Phnom Penh and just one flight every second day from Siem Reap . So the options to get out in the case the flight will be canceled, Phnom Penh should be the better choice. But I actually prefer smaller airports, so will book a flight out of Siem Reap. If there will be any problem with air traffic it should be possible to go to Bangkok same day by bus and continue from there, so no need to worry.

So I can make a trip like Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville, Siem Reap without visiting the same places two times.

#3 Posted: 30/5/2013 - 07:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Quickest exit out of PP airport ... By zigzag on 16 Sep 2007 3 1678 13 Oct 2007
No need for transit visa or exit taxes at Bangkok airport, is there? ... By EdwardTrunk on 4 Jan 2014 2 715 7 Jan 2014