Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodian Cooking Class

• hotwings

Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm heading to Siem Reap and Phnom Penh in approx 3 weeks and i'm interested in taking a Khemer cooking class.

Can anyone suggest a place? I've found one in Phnom Penh called http://www.cambodia-cooking-class.com but I'll be in Phnom Penh for only Sunday and that class doesn't operate on Sundays.

Thanks in advance!
    hotwings

#1 Posted: 4/7/2007 - 03:54

• Advertisement

• Roving_Roo

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2006

Siem Reap has several cooking classes; Le Papier De Tigre on bar street have a morning class for about $12, Angkor Palm just off bar street nearer to the old market have one which is currently free (you just pay the price of the dish on the menu) and Le Petit Garden on the road to the Western Baray have a morning school which is $13 or $19.

I think all of these classes are daily, or at least on demand, but it would be best to book to be sure. There are probably a lot more, but these are the ones I know about though having not done any of them I can't say if they are good or not.

Rachel

#2 Posted: 5/7/2007 - 16:03

• hotwings

Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2007

Thanks a ton Rachel!

#3 Posted: 5/7/2007 - 16:13

• Roving_Roo

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2006

No problem Hotwings,

I saw the owner of Le Petit Garden today and I've been told their cooking class is closed for the rainy season and a potential venue change, so don't try there!

#4 Posted: 6/7/2007 - 22:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cooking Class in Vientiane ... By morven on 21 Mar 2011 7 5297 16 Apr 2012
cooking class in Bangkok? ... By savorygal on 18 Jul 2010 3 2989 20 Dec 2010
Thai cooking class experience ... By jaat on 15 Dec 2008 2 2006 21 Jan 2009
Siem Reap Cooking Class at the Village ... By bensiemreap on 19 Feb 2010 0 1773 19 Feb 2010