Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia in July

• kara_12

Joined Travelfish
    7th August, 2011

Hi guys,

Im planning on travelling to Cambodia mid-late July and was thinking of going to Siem Reap, Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh.

Can anyone tell me what the weather is like during the time. I'm aware that its raining season but wanted to know if it rains constantly or if it only rains for a small amount of time each day. I don't want to go to places like sihanoukville if the weather is going to be terrible.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 2/6/2013 - 00:15

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Late July will be pretty wet. I'd expect at least some rain most days and some days rain for a lot of the day. Personally I wouldn't bother with Sihanoukville, but friends who were there in August last year said they had great weather, so it is a bit of luck of the draw.

Siem Reap and Angkor Wat on the other hand should be good -- I love the ruins in the wet season, even if Siem Reap will be a bit grotty. Phnom Penh will flood in parts after heavy rain.

Hope that helps

#2 Posted: 2/6/2013 - 01:33

• Ova

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2012

Yeas, July is rainy.
    As much as it will probably rain most days, it doesn't mean that it will rain all day.
    Most of the times, it'll be heavy showers for 1, 2 hours or less late afternoon/early evening.

Sihanoukville under the rain definitely isn't too much fun. But just as somtam mentionned, I also have friends who went there late in July, and they had a good time. You could take your chances!

#3 Posted: 3/6/2013 - 00:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.