Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Thai visa waiver+travel to Cambodia

• stusie94

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2013

Hey guys, me and my girlfriend are planning on going to SE Asia in june/july for 38 days in total.

The plan is to be in Thailand for 18 days, then travel to Cambodia for around 6 days, then be in Thailand again for the next 14 days.

The problem is, as I understand it, to qualify for the visa waiver I need proof that I will be leaving Thailand within 30 days.
    However, we want to go to Siem Reap by bus from Bangkok (apparently there's now a direct bus route) but I can't find anywhere to book tickets online, so I won't have proof that I'm leaving the country in time.

I was wondering if there's a way to get around this without booking flights to Cambodia or buying a visa as we're on a fairly tight budget.
    Also, does anyone know where I can book this bus online, or where to get a ticket in Bangkok?

Thanks guys.
    Stu

#1 Posted: 6/6/2013 - 09:02

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai visa waiver+travel to Cambodia ... By stusie94 on 6 Jun 2013 3 1415 6 Jun 2013
Thai multiple entry visa or visa waiver + single entry visa? ... By zesti on 6 Jul 2014 1 389 7 Jul 2014
Thailand VISA FEE Waiver Program and re-rentry extensions ... By Kostichka on 12 Mar 2009 1 1839 13 Mar 2009