Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Business Visa Extension - New Page in Passport?

• ChloeC

Joined Travelfish
    16th June, 2013

Hi all

Can't find this information anywhere else so here I am!

I'm coming to Cambodia shortly to do an internship for three months. My workplace told me to get a business visa on arrival and that they will extend it for me. I have two questions in relation to this:

1) Can I get a business visa for longer than one months duration on arrival or do I simply have to extend it once I'm there?

2) Does the business visa extension take up another page in your passport or do they simply stamp/sign your existing visa?

The reason I ask the above is that I am running out of space in my passport and would like to keep as many pages free as possible!

Thank you for any insights you can provide :)

Chloe

#1 Posted: 16/6/2013 - 08:59

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I can't help you with the specifics on the business visa, but I'm sure that someone will pop up and help.

But just in case you weren't aware, you can always have additional pages added to your passport. I did this recently with US passport at the consulate in NZ. The cost was about NZD$35-40 cheaper than a brand new passport, and they gave me the option of an additional 24 or 48 pages with no difference in cost. I went for 48 of course, so now I've got a pretty thick yet impressive passport. :-)

#2 Posted: 16/6/2013 - 22:29

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

You can only apply for one month business visa when you arrive. You can then extend this indefinitely for periods of one month, three months, six months or one year. Each extension takes one page of your passport.
    So in your case, you would need two pages. One on arrival and one for the extension.

#3 Posted: 16/6/2013 - 23:48

• ChloeC

Joined Travelfish
    16th June, 2013

Thanks for all the tips and info guys!

#4 Posted: 17/6/2013 - 18:54

• Nisseyaklom

Joined Travelfish
    2nd December, 2007

One and three months extensions are single entry only, six and twelve are multiply entries

#5 Posted: 18/6/2013 - 18:59

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

Busy lizzy- Not all countries add pages to a passport

#6 Posted: 20/6/2013 - 09:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Quick Question: Do you get a full page visa upon entering Vietnam (Visa on Arrival in AP) ... By Sethlake on 22 Dec 2010 3 4003 6 Jun 2011
Can i get a visa extension on a 30day tourist visa without leaving the country? ... By swenglishdan on 31 Dec 2006 5 5278 4 Nov 2012