Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodia in Xmas and NYE

Posted by maylosada on 28/6/2013 at 10:46

Hi all!
I'm planing to go to Cambodia for 15-18 days in Xmas and NYE period and I was hoping someone could help me with this:

1. Is there any special place to spend NYE? like a festival, street/beach party? We are planning to go to 4 places there, don't want to rush too much, and maybe we can plan our route if anything special happen in NYE somewhere.
2. I have never been bagpackaging in Asia. I was reading in a few post that walking boots are not need it at all because it's too hot? It was something written in my list. We are planning a low budget trip, so we will be walking around loads.

I've reading this Forum and all the information in this website for last couple of weeks and it's great! Thanks for sharing! [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#1 maylosada has been a member since 28/6/2013. Posts: 9

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/6/2013 at 22:08 admin

Hiya,

Yes, I wouldn't bother with the boots. Sandals are fine -- especially at that time of year.

Not sure on parties, but I think the islands like Koh Rong would be a good bet.

Have fun!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Duxnuts on 1/7/2013 at 03:26

Sihanoukville gets pretty wild on Serendipity beach at night. Would stand to reason that it is even more so at Xmas/ NYE. Koh Rong is a bit of a quiet getaway I found, still great for a day or 2 though.

I am sure that Pub Street at Siem Reap would be pretty crazy on New Years too.

#3 Duxnuts has been a member since 1/7/2013. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.