Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Bicycle in Phnom Penh

• brianadamso-
    flon

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2013

Hello all!

I would like to know if it's too difficult to ride a bicycle in Phnom Penh? Is it maybe too hot, or the traffic is too high?
    I will arrive in this city in two days and I am really enjoying my bicycle in Germany!!
    Someone can advice me a good shop for bicycle also?? Someone advice me flying bike in another forum.
    And I am currently looking for a good second hand Mountain bike in Siem Reap, my friend advice me this website www.kampucheadeal.com, it's a very good website for buy and sell, but I didn't find exactly what I want yet.. Anyone who sell his bicycle or know a good shop or place can contact me here please!

Cheers

B.

#1 Posted: 6/7/2013 - 15:31

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Too hot? No.

Traffic? Insane. If you enjoy riding in anarchy, that place is for you. PP is the anti-Germany.

#2 Posted: 7/7/2013 - 00:57

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Madmac
    It's just a bicycle, lots of people ride them in PP. They stopped shooting at you a while ago.
    Seriously, if you just go with the flow it can be fun and the city is flat.
    Just remember when you turn left you don't wait for a gap in the traffic. You just turn into it and it flows around you.

#3 Posted: 7/7/2013 - 02:23

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Man, it's anarchy... I suppose on the plus side there is no shooting. I don't like bicycles anyway. But if I did, that place would be on my challnege lists of places to ride. Experienced rider like Brian shouldn't have any problem though. Just don't expect the rules of the road, as you understand them, to be followed and remmember your life while mounted doesn't have a lot of meaning to other drivers. Keep that in mind, you should be fine.

#4 Posted: 7/7/2013 - 04:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Help with bicycle renting in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh ... By ru40342 on 27 Oct 2014 1 278 28 Oct 2014
Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh ... By CaptainJack on 1 Mar 2014 1 1399 2 Mar 2014