Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Good bus from PP to SR

• Anjar

Joined Travelfish
    22nd July, 2013

Hi, I need some advice.
    I'm female traveling solo and plan to take a bus from PP to SR. I read about bus scams and now a bit worried. Is it better to buy the ticket from the hotel? Is Paramount good enough? Or better take Mekong Express? Will departing at around 2 pm from PP be too late/dark arriving in SR? Should I take earlier schedule?
    Anjar

#1 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 04:48

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Any of the travel agents in PP should be able to help. Sorya is a good one to keep an eye out for.

With respect to arriving late at night in SR, do you already have accom organised? If so, you'll be OK. I wouldn't want to be wandering around at that time of night looking for somewhere to stay.

#2 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 05:31

• Anjar

Joined Travelfish
    22nd July, 2013

Thanks! I'll see about Sorya.
    Yes, I've booked an accommodation, and might as well ask for a tuk tuk pick up :D

#3 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 05:47

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 71

I've always taken Sorya. It isn't high end. However, I've never had any problems regarding thefts or nasty passengers or drivers. It has taken longer than the advertised 6 hours a few times.
    One stop for about 30 minutes midway at a hotel that serves lunch and has decent toilets. Outside the hotel are a number of small shops and street stalls if your not interested in dining in.
    Should cost around 6$. If your hotel arranges the ticket it might be around $12. There has always been a small army of tuktuk drivers waiting at the bus station but you could avoid the hassle and arrange a pick up.

#4 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 08:26

• Anjar

Joined Travelfish
    22nd July, 2013

Hi, thanks for the info. I think it rather takes 7-8 hour long then, just in case? I'll keep that in mind :)

#5 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 09:20

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

I had good experiences with Phnom Penh Sorya and Capitol Tour. Just walk down to one of their offices and book the ticket, will only be around $6.

#6 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 09:43

• Anjar

Joined Travelfish
    22nd July, 2013

That sounds better, thanks :)

#7 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 10:06

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

I go Giant Ibis. Nicer buses. Western movies with volume adjustment at your seat. AC works. More expensive.

#8 Posted: 23/7/2013 - 04:48

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Just about to reccommend Giant Ibis. Little more expensive but very comfortable and no noisy karaoke just a western film to watch. I did Phnom Penh to Sihonoukville but they run to Seam Reap.Twice a day I think from Street 102 next to site of night market on Riverside

#9 Posted: 23/7/2013 - 05:46

• Anjar

Joined Travelfish
    22nd July, 2013

Hi guys, thanks for all the suggestion. Ibis is another consideration then :) Will be in Cambodia in August, hope the weather is ok.

#10 Posted: 23/7/2013 - 09:13

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.