Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Getting to Laos from Kampot (Cambodia)

• tuck60

Joined Travelfish
    14th August, 2012

Is it easy enough to get into Laos from kampot?

#1 Posted: 30/7/2013 - 06:49

• Advertisement

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

I haven't done this exact route but I'm pretty much certain it cannot be done in one go. You're talking a long distance here.

It may go something like this (and involve an overnight in Stung Treng):

Kampot-Phomh Penh-Stung Treng-Laos

But I'm sure the regulars on here will have a more exact routing.

#2 Posted: 30/7/2013 - 07:09

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

Define easy enough. You can easily take a bus to Phnom Penh and then fly to Vientiane .

If being cheap is your priority you have a couple options, either head up through Cambodia into Southern Laos or head to Bangkok and then up to Vientiane.

Going through Cambodia to Laos looks like it would be a 3 day trip, minimum 2 days. First would take bus from Kampot to Phnom Penh then the next morning can take bus to Stung Treng and then following day bus to the border. If your destination is Vientiane then you could take bus from Stung Treng to Pakse and then that night take night bus to Vientiane.

The other option is to take bus to Koh Kong and then through to Bangkok. Spend the next day in Bangkok and then take sleeper train to Nong Khai and then shuttle through border to Vientiane. This would get you to Vientiane a little quicker and would be more comfortable I believe.

#3 Posted: 30/7/2013 - 23:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.