Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Maybe Going to Cambodia from Thailand for 90 days?!?!

• sonicbum

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2007

Hello to everyone here!!! I have spent COUNTLESS hours soaking up everything from this website on many different SE Asia countries!!! I have gotten sooo much info from this site, I can honestly say Ive used this much more than Ive ever used other travel sites, including lonelyplanet, lol...

Quick background>>> Im an american citizen, 26, and quit my job of 4 years at cingular wireless to sail across the atlantic ocean to gibraltar. I just finished that up this month, and I am now in Phuket, Thailand. I decided to just go touring around Asia until i run out of money (probably a full year)til i have to go home and resume normality again, LoL....

I got a 30 day tourist visa when I arrived here. I would have applied for a 60 day tourist visa when i was still in the USA but i didnt know where i would end up..

I would like to stay here for another 30 days after my 30 day visa expires by doing a visa run to Berma. After that I would like to make it to the Beach areas of Cambodia for 90 days or so...

Here is my QUESTION>>>>>

You guys have a "90 work permit visa" for cambodia listed here. Is that something i can just pay $5USD more for and get for tourist reasons??? Is there any catch to it??? Do i have to tell them i plan on working or what??

ANY feedback with this would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

p.s. How are the prices in Cambodia compared to Phuket Thailand???? How are the prices in Malaysia compared??? I can get a visa on arrival for Malaysia for 90 days, so that seems like a hassle-free destination.... please reply...

THX IN ADVANCE!!!

#1 Posted: 28/7/2007 - 17:33

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Sonic,

Glad you like the site - thanks.

There's no criteria for getting a business visa other than paying the extra money. It's strickly a "no questions asked" affair.

Cambodia is cheaper than Phuket -- considerably cheaper.

#2 Posted: 29/7/2007 - 15:21

• sonicbum

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2007

Thanks a million for the reply!!!!!! how is malaysia compared to phuket as far as money goes????? That is another place that allows me to go there with visa-on-arrival for 90 days!!!

thx again!!!

#3 Posted: 30/7/2007 - 21:00

• chopin

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi sonicbum,

I'm a Malaysian and I have been backpacking to Thailand and Cambodia before.

Prices in Phuket could be a bit on the high side because of all the farang tourists. I find prices in other regions of Thailand (except Koh Samui and other popular islands) significantly lower than Phuket, and I love Northern Thailand so much!

Prices in Malaysia vary in a wide range. Food is generally cheap and there have been Westerners reflected to me that they find it even slightly cheaper than Cambodia and Thailand. And oh-the variety is second to none in the region (or even in the world, due to its multi-racial nature.) Accommodation wise, I think Malaysia is higher than Thailand, but you still can find places that are low enough for budget travelers: USD15 for a basic double-room with air-con and attached shower, lower if you forgo the air-con.

Do visit Malaysia, both the eastern and the western parts, they are very different. (Orangutans are in East Malaysia)

Hope this info helps.

#4 Posted: 31/7/2007 - 15:58

• sonicbum

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2007

Thank you Chopin, yes, that helped a lot!!!! Im kind of on a endless adventure til I run out of money, so Ill probably leave Thailand when I have to (at the end of 90 days) and head to Malaysia, and stay there as long as I like up to 90 days, and then head to Cambodia and stay there indefinetly, LoL.... Ive noticed too that if i tell the hotel/guesthouse that i want to stay for weeks straight they ALWAYS give me a better price, so Im guessing you are right when you say i will still find good deals on accomidation in Malaysia.. I probably plan on going to Sihanoukville, becuase i LOVE being near the beaches.....

thx again for the replies!!!!!

#5 Posted: 2/8/2007 - 14:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.