Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Ocotber Flooding

• nomad456

Joined Travelfish
    30th September, 2013

Hi guys,
    Im due to arrive in Siem Reap tomorrow evening. I just wanted to see if anyone has an update on the flooding situation there and Phnom Penh ?..if they are badly flooded? From what i've read things aren't the greatest, but am unclear of which areas are/aren't so affected.

At the moment i'm scheduled to be in Siem Reap from oct2-7, then Phnom Penh the following week.

Any advice and updates on the situation much appreciated. Cheers

#1 Posted: 30/9/2013 - 23:17

• Advertisement

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Currently in central Phnom Penh there is no flooding. The river is very high, but flood defences built over the last few years are standing up well.

When it rains heavily the streets can become flooded, but that only lasts about an hour.

The problems are more on the outskirts of Phnom Penh, well away from most visitor attractions. Worth keeping an eye on the local press and the Travelfish Facebook page to see if anything changes, but I think you'll be fine next week.

#2 Posted: 1/10/2013 - 04:24

• nomad456

Joined Travelfish
    30th September, 2013

Cheers thanks for info!

#3 Posted: 1/10/2013 - 04:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.