Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Advice for visiting Beng Mealea & Phnon Kulen

Posted by Cj52 on 1/10/2013 at 05:24

I will be in Siem Reap for 3 days at the end of October, after spending 2 weeks at the Cambodia Wildlife Sanctuary near Anlong Veng. This time I want to visit Beng Mealea & /or Phnon Kulen but wondered if anyone had advice for those sites at the end of the rainy season and if one is a much better day trp that the other?

thanks

#1 Cj52 has been a member since 12/7/2013. Posts: 3
 Where has Cj52 been? 

Posted by Geer1 on 1/10/2013 at 10:59

I went to Beng Mealea and it was pretty neat, amazing to see how nature can rip apart buildings like that. I had been interested in Phnom Kulen but there is a $20 extra fee associated with it which I didn't feel would be worth it. Beng Mealea cost an extra $5 but to me it was worth it. I don't think rainy season should affect Beng Mealea, it would probably make Phnom Kulen more impressive then anything(not sure if most of the roads there are paved though).

#2 Geer1 has been a member since 14/9/2012. Posts: 540
 Where has Geer1 been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.