Cambodia forum

Advice for visiting Beng Mealea & Phnon Kulen

• Cj52

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2013
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 52

I will be in Siem Reap for 3 days at the end of October, after spending 2 weeks at the Cambodia Wildlife Sanctuary near Anlong Veng. This time I want to visit Beng Mealea & /or Phnon Kulen but wondered if anyone had advice for those sites at the end of the rainy season and if one is a much better day trp that the other?

thanks

#1 Posted: 1/10/2013 - 05:24

• Advertisement

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

I went to Beng Mealea and it was pretty neat, amazing to see how nature can rip apart buildings like that. I had been interested in Phnom Kulen but there is a $20 extra fee associated with it which I didn't feel would be worth it. Beng Mealea cost an extra $5 but to me it was worth it. I don't think rainy season should affect Beng Mealea, it would probably make Phnom Kulen more impressive then anything(not sure if most of the roads there are paved though).

#2 Posted: 1/10/2013 - 10:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Beng Mealea - Need company ... By swdandap on 11 Mar 2012 0 1569 11 Mar 2012
Beng Mealea, Preah Khan and Koh Ker ... By KirstyB on 19 Jan 2010 0 2636 23 Jan 2010
A road between Beng Mealea and Preah Khan of Kampong Svay? ... By cloud on 30 Mar 2012 2 2313 3 Apr 2012