Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

1 month in cambodia

• mmkk

Joined Travelfish
    9th October, 2013

Hello everyone. We are group of 5 friends who are going to cambodia from 15.1-15.2. we have read LP travel guide but still we have few questions. We will come to bangkok and from then we will travel to cambodia border(Poipet).Here is my first question. is it better to go first to battambang and then to siam reap becouse we wish to make big cambodian loop(battambang, siam reap, preah vihaer, stung treng, banlung, kratie, sen monrom, kampong cham, phnom phen, kep , kampot, sihanoukville, koh kong and then by thailand coast to bangkok). next question is, is it possible to go from preah vihaer to stung treng or we must go all way arround to reach it through kampong thom-kampong cham-kratie-stung treng. Also We are wondering is it possible to go from banlung to sen monrom.
    So these are first few questions we have and we will be happy if you can help us with anwsers and some advises becouse these is our first backpacking trip. We want to see as much as possible in these 30 days so we will be really thankful for your anwsers and advises and if you have some must see/done in cambodia please tell us.

#1 Posted: 9/10/2013 - 03:06

• Advertisement

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

Personally I would do Battambang first AND I would consider entering at one of the border crossings from Chanthaburi to Pailin

Check out if you can go from Battambang to preah vihaer and then to Siem Reap (I have no idea if this is practical)

#2 Posted: 9/10/2013 - 05:27

• JaiYen88

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2012
    Total reviews: 2

You are going to be moving around a lot trying to fit so many places into just 1 month (I counted 13 different locations!), so I would suggest dropping a few of these places from your list and stick with 5 or 6, maybe Battambang, Siem Reap, Preah Vihear (day trip from Siem Reap), Ratanakiri (Ban Lung), Phnom Penh, Kampot, and then maybe Koh Rong?

I understand that you want to see as much as possible but I think a lot of people will agree when I say that it is one the most common mistakes made by travellers in SE Asia, and that you will get more out of the trip by getting to know fewer places a bit better, instead of getting a quick taste of lots of different locations. Also, travelling in Cambodia is not very comfortable and you will be spending half of your trip on the bus and trying to find accommodation if you try to visit 13 different locations in 1 month!

#3 Posted: 13/10/2013 - 11:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.