Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Overstaying Visa

Posted by lexa on 3/8/2007 at 10:47

Does anyone have personal experience of overstaying their visa in Cambodia? I was unable to get a visa extension because I don't have enough pages in my passport, and can't quite get out of the country before the end of my visa (and the U.S. Embassy isn't open on Fridays!!). My overstay will be 5 days (maybe 4 if I can get out of work a bit early). I've seen info on these boards about a $5/day charge, as well as a potential $30 fine. Any corroborating information? Anyone overstay a Cambodian visa for 5 days? Thanks in advance for your hardy wisdom!

#1 lexa has been a member since 1/8/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/8/2007 at 12:33 admin

I've overstayed in the past -- just paid the US$5 for each day when I left -- I think it was three days, though I'm not sure of that.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.