Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Extending my visa

Posted by ThaiStick on 18/10/2013 at 23:14

I found a job and need to extend my visa. I am told that the travel agencies and bike rental places in Phnom Penh will do it, however that's too far from where I am at. Siem Reap is the closest other city. Can I extend my visa in Siem Reap? Or must I suffer a 10 hour bus trip back to PP?

#1 ThaiStick has been a member since 17/4/2013. Posts: 20

Posted by AbigailatPenhandInk on 20/10/2013 at 23:13 TF writer

Hi ThaiStick

Do you have a tourist Visa or an Ordinary visa? Check your passport - does it have a T (tourist) or E (business/ordinary)?

You can only extend a tourist visa once, to get one month extra. You can extend a business visa indefinitely.

If you have a tourist visa, you will need to leave the country and re-enter Cambodia, buying an Ordinary visa ($25 for one month, compared with $20 for a tourist visa). Once you've done that, you can extend by 3 months (single entry), 6 months (multiple entry) or 12 months (multiple entry).

If you already have an Ordinary visa, you can extend straight away. Siem Reap has the Office for Foreign Aliens which is the official place to get this done, but you'll find a travel agency that will do it for you. It usually takes 2-3 days to get your passport back.

#2 AbigailatPenhandInk has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 179
 Website 

Posted by ThaiStick on 23/10/2013 at 02:19

Thanks Abigail! Yes I have the E-class "ordinary" visa. I'm looking to do a 6-month multi-entry extension. I'm so glad I don't have to go all the way to Phnom Penh. I'll just go to Siem Reap and find a random travel agency to do it for me as you have said. Thanks once again. It's going to be great to return to Siem Reap for a little bit.

#3 ThaiStick has been a member since 17/4/2013. Posts: 20

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.