Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Extending my visa

• ThaiStick

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2013

I found a job and need to extend my visa. I am told that the travel agencies and bike rental places in Phnom Penh will do it, however that's too far from where I am at. Siem Reap is the closest other city. Can I extend my visa in Siem Reap? Or must I suffer a 10 hour bus trip back to PP?

#1 Posted: 18/10/2013 - 23:14

• Advertisement

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hi ThaiStick

Do you have a tourist Visa or an Ordinary visa? Check your passport - does it have a T (tourist) or E (business/ordinary)?

You can only extend a tourist visa once, to get one month extra. You can extend a business visa indefinitely.

If you have a tourist visa, you will need to leave the country and re-enter Cambodia, buying an Ordinary visa ($25 for one month, compared with $20 for a tourist visa). Once you've done that, you can extend by 3 months (single entry), 6 months (multiple entry) or 12 months (multiple entry).

If you already have an Ordinary visa, you can extend straight away. Siem Reap has the Office for Foreign Aliens which is the official place to get this done, but you'll find a travel agency that will do it for you. It usually takes 2-3 days to get your passport back.

#2 Posted: 20/10/2013 - 23:13

• ThaiStick

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2013

Thanks Abigail! Yes I have the E-class "ordinary" visa. I'm looking to do a 6-month multi-entry extension. I'm so glad I don't have to go all the way to Phnom Penh. I'll just go to Siem Reap and find a random travel agency to do it for me as you have said. Thanks once again. It's going to be great to return to Siem Reap for a little bit.

#3 Posted: 23/10/2013 - 02:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Extending 60 day visa further 30 ... By Kimwright on 23 Oct 2013 3 596 24 Oct 2013
Extending tourist visa in Thailand ... By scarletina on 25 Mar 2009 1 2871 25 Mar 2009
Extending 15 day overland visa exemption in Thailand ... By surferRosa on 23 Nov 2009 7 9031 29 Oct 2013