Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

from phnom penh to bangkok?

• matan84

Joined Travelfish
    4th August, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

hey, i am looking for advice about taking a bus from phnom penh to bangkok.

first of all and most important - is it a safe trip? did anyone encounter thefts or heard about them in that route?

is the road in an ok condition?

how much would that bus ticket cost, and how long approximately will it take to get to bangkok?

thanks a lot!

matab

#1 Posted: 7/8/2007 - 08:05

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi matab,

The bus to Bangkok goes via Siem Reap. Cost to Siem Reap is US$5-10 depending on the bus company -- trip takes around four hours. Onwards cost to Bangkok I'm not sure of the cost. We cover the Siem Reap to Bangkok leg in this story.

#2 Posted: 8/8/2007 - 12:08

• Roving_Roo

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2006

This route will take you two days in buses overland.

The PP to SR bus will take 5-6 hours and the earliest bus arrives at about 1.00pm in Siem Reap (leaving PP at about 7am), prices from $4.

The bus from SR to Bangkok runs once per day leaving SR at 7am in the morning and arriving in the Khoa San road area about 12 hours later (less or more depending on how long it takes the get to the border) This ticket costs $12.

Air asia flights from PP to Bangkok may be within your budget from about $45-$60 depending on how far in advance you book your ticket (more than one week to get a good price) and this journey will then take only 1 hour. If you have already seen the temples then I would suggest looking into the cheap flights as you would have to pay for food and a room in SR en route anyway.

Rachel

#3 Posted: 8/8/2007 - 17:20

• fitzlee

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

my hubby & i took the bus from pp to bangkok directly and it took less than a day. booked at capitol cafe (recommended) in PP. though the road conditions is not perfect in Cambodia, the journey was safe. we were also well-guided at the border. Once arrived at the Thai border, we got onto a mini-bus to Bangkok. From there, we realised how well Thailand has been developed - well-paved road, highways and an ice-cream treat in 7-Eleven!!

#4 Posted: 18/8/2007 - 04:44

• Roving_Roo

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2006

Hi Fitzlee,

I didn't know there was a bus from PP directly to Bangkok over one day. Do you remember how much you paid per ticket, what time you left PP and roughly what time you arrived in Bangkok?

Thanks,

Rachel

#5 Posted: 20/8/2007 - 02:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Bangkok to Phnom Penh ... By emmryss on 29 Oct 2007 3 3113 29 Oct 2007
Phnom Penh to Bangkok ... By thegingerbird on 14 May 2008 6 19695 4 Oct 2010
Bangkok to Phnom Penh ... By elocin on 12 Apr 2009 1 4536 25 Sep 2012
From Phnom Penh to Bangkok- southern route ... By ripya on 20 Nov 2008 8 5455 23 Nov 2008
Cambodia (Phnom Penh - Siem Reap-Bangkok) 3rd october 2012 ... By slpngg on 27 Sep 2012 0 695 27 Sep 2012
Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh ... By CaptainJack on 1 Mar 2014 1 1076 2 Mar 2014