Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

2.5 weeks in Cambodia & Thailand

• ERS1987

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2013

Hi all,
    I'm flying to Bangkok around the 15th of February and flying home again on the 4th of March. I am going to get the bus to Cambodia to meet my sister as that's where she's going to be (unsure of exact location yet). What itinerary would you recommend in Cambodia and as we work our way back to Bangkok to fly home? Planning on spending a couple of nights in Bangkok at the end. I've never been before so I'd really appreciate the advice!
    Thanks
    Emma

#1 Posted: 3/12/2013 - 09:16

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

First - I am assuming, because you don't know yet, that you'll meet your sister in Phnom Phen. That's a LONG and painful bus journey from Bangkok. Very long and very painful. Fly that leg if in fact that's where you guys are meeting up.

After that it's kind of hard to advise you. Beaches are south, the famous Angkor Wat is west / northwest. So it would help if your interests were clear. Just a reminder that the distances can be long and uncomfortable when you start travelling long legs within or between countries.

#2 Posted: 3/12/2013 - 23:14

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

With roughly two weeks in Cambodia then it's probably the usual two week trail - PP, Kampot, Sihanoukville and Siem Reap / Angkor.

Do fly to PP and then bus around Cambodia, you could probably manage the bus back from Siem Reap to Bangkok.

One useful journey that I'm not sure is that well known is an overnight bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap, which can save you a day of travel, esp if on a tight timeframe. Check out the reputable operators at all times however as bus travel in Cambodia is not renowned for its safety.

#3 Posted: 4/12/2013 - 04:00

• ERS1987

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2013

Hi both,

Thanks for your replies. Apologies I wasn't clear. Ideally I want to do say just 5 days in Cambodia and then the rest of the time in Thailand before heading back to Bangkok. I know that there isn't much in the South of Thailand on the way from Cambodia to Bangkok so I wondered what a good destination would be?

We are both young - in our twenties - but we don't need it to be crazy, I am quite open to be honest. I think some nice relaxation after Cambodia and before Bangkok would be good. She will have done 6 weeks in Thailand before I get there including the Southern islands - Ko Samui etc.

Thanks

#4 Posted: 4/12/2013 - 04:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.