Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Temples in a Day?

• blyths24

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2013

Hello,

We only have 1 full day in SR. Can you do all the main temples in a day?

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 11/12/2013 - 10:17

• Advertisement

• JaiYen88

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2012
    Total reviews: 2

Yes, you can. It is obviously preferable to take your time and not have to rush, but if you only have 1 day then it is doable. The 'big 3' are Angkor Wat, Bayon, and Ta Prohm, but with a full day you can see plenty more than that.

Some of the less visited ones (but equally spectacular IMO) are Pre Rup, Banteay Kdei, Baphuon, Phnom Bakheng, and Preah Khan. Pre Rup, Banteay Kdei, Phnom Bakheng, and Baphuon can all be easily incorporated into a trip that includes the 'big 3', while Preah Khan is a little bit further out of the way so a driver may charge you extra but it is definitely worth seeing, especially if this will be your only chance to see Angkor!

#2 Posted: 11/12/2013 - 11:04

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Getting there early for the sunrise or staying late for the sunset is something to consider as well. This can give you more time there and if the weather cooperates the view is beautiful.

#3 Posted: 11/12/2013 - 17:41

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

i agree it can be done in one day, particularly if you start early and stay late as recommended above. just let your driver know you'll be making a full day out of it, and plan to eat at least lunch out at the sites. have fun.

#4 Posted: 11/12/2013 - 18:12

• blyths24

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2013

Brilliant, thanks for the help.

I have been told to make the sunrise at AW. I guess if you start early you have all day to get around too. Can you just grab a tuk tuk in the am to take you round the temples? Ive been told they just wait for you to visit the temples then take you to the next etc..

Thanks

#5 Posted: 12/12/2013 - 06:45

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

the temple complex is a fair distance from siem reap town. i've usually just organized my tuk tuk through the guest house where i'm staying. just let them know you need a drive to pick you up in time for the sunrise and that you plan to stay out until sunset. they'll pick you up, take you around, and then drop you off back at your guest house (or wherever you wish) at the end of the day.

tickets. i've usually purchased mine on the drive out in the morning, but if you are planning on making the sunrise, you may need to get your one-day ticket the night before. i've also read that if you buy a ticket for the next day after 4 pm or so they let you in that evening for free, but i've never done that so don't know if it was or is still true. cheers.

#6 Posted: 12/12/2013 - 09:01

• goldentrade

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2013

Brilliant, thanks for the help.

#7 Posted: 12/12/2013 - 11:02

• goldentrade

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2013

i agree it can be done in one day, particularly if you start early and stay late as recommended above

#8 Posted: 12/12/2013 - 11:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.