Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Kampot to Phu Duoc

  • oiboy

    Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2014
    Posts: 3

    In Kampot now. What is the best transport option from Kampot to Ha Tien then onto Phu Quoc without being scammed at the border.i have heard a lot of horror stories regarding the Ha Tien border crossing.

    #1 Posted: 10/1/2014 - 21:58

  • Advertisement

  • Geer1

    Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Posts: 540
    Places visited:
    At least 42

    Ha Tien border isn't that bad or any different then the rest of them, just have your visa in order then pay the dollar or 2 worth of bribes...

    You can buy tickets to Phu Quoc from tourist agencies in Kampot(they take you to border, transfer to Vietnamese tour agency who takes you into Ha Tien and drops you off at the dock). If you want to do this without a tour agency then your best bet is to ask around and find a moto taxi driver that will take you to the dock in Ha Tien. I believe they can take you the entire way although some may only want to/be willing to go to the border.

    If you take bus to Ha Tien without booking the boat ride before hand you will have to get transportation to the dock which is on the other side of the river.

    #2 Posted: 11/1/2014 - 22:39

  • oiboy

    Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2014
    Posts: 3

    Posted from within Vietnam.

    Ok made it to Ha Tien. Took a tuktuk from Kampot with a stop at Kep for lunch cost was $20.00 USD. Then a moto to my guesthouse for $3.00 USD. Was not charged any stamping fees. I already had a visa in hand. Guesthouse has taken my passport to register with the police. Is that normal? They said I will get it back later this evening.

    #3 Posted: 12/1/2014 - 04:28

  • travellings-

    TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Posts: 679
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

    Posted from within Vietnam.

    Yeah, that's normal. You need to be registered where ever you are staying and they need your passport and visa details to do that.

    #4 Posted: 12/1/2014 - 15:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee