Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Business visa at land crossing?

  • Kaitlynnico-

    Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2014
    Posts: 3

    Hi there,
    I am getting conflicting information on the Internet and was hoping someone could help me out. I am flying into BKK and heading to the border crossing to Cambodia shortly after that. Is it possible to get a business visa at a land border? Some articles I read stated that one could only get a business visa at the airport or before reaching Cambodia. Anyone know? Thanks!

    #1 Posted: 2/2/2014 - 18:35

  • Advertisement

  • vbeck

    Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2013
    Posts: 13

    Yes! In reality it is just a 30 day Tourist Visa with Business stamped on it for $5 extra.
    If you are staying for less than 60 days just get a Tourist Visa and extend it.

    #2 Posted: 2/2/2014 - 21:50

  • oasisbarhat-

    Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2010
    Posts: 109
    Total reviews: 4

    Posted from within Vietnam.

    Actually it isn't a tourist visa at all,it's completely different.It's now called an "Ordinary " visa,instead of the old "Business" designation,it's single entry,valid for 30 days,and can be extended for 3,6 or 12 months,once inside Cambodia.It is stamped "E" on the visa instead of "T" (tourist visa),and should cost 25USD,although at a land border you will invariably be asked to pay more.There are reports that it is becoming more difficult to obtain this type of visa upon entry to Cambodia,I was talking to a customer yesterday who was refused one at Phnom Penh airport,because he was asked for proof he had a business,and couldn't provide any.If you are staying for less than 60 days though,as the last poster suggests,get a tourist visa,this can be extended-only once-in Cambodia for another 30 days.

    #3 Posted: 8/2/2014 - 19:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cambodia to Vietnam Crossing at Chau Doc - Business Visa ... By lucindahartley on 19 Feb 2008 0 3193 19 Feb 2008
Crossing into Thailand by land - Visa extension ... By flexo_24 on 12 May 2011 2 7188 13 May 2011
Visa on Arrival(land crossing from Thailand) - completing the form ... By Boohoo on 24 Oct 2013 6 2587 27 Oct 2013
Crossing Myanmar by land ... By Indiantraveler on 2 Feb 2012 5 3628 15 Feb 2012
crossing over land from Myanmar into Bangladesh ... By Rukus on 1 Feb 2013 2 5253 21 Jul 2013
Crossing into Myanmar from Thailand via land ... By karynelder on 29 Feb 2008 1 5272 29 Feb 2008
Do I Have To Declare At Land Border Crossing? ... By barleydoggy on 15 Sep 2014 3 1186 16 Sep 2014
how many times border crossing by land? ... By cicerosf on 1 Oct 2011 5 3363 6 Dec 2011
Crossing into Cambodia over land - as dodgy as I read? ... By alt on 17 Jan 2012 20 4196 11 Feb 2012
Crossing land borders and travelling by bike in Burma ... By ewcyna on 21 Oct 2013 8 3541 19 Jun 2014