Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Taxi from PNH to Kampot?

• Kip

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2007

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice (i.e. is it possible and, if so, a price range) on getting from Phnom Penh airport to Kampot.

I will be arriving at PNH at about 9am and want to head straight to Kampot. Rather than catch a lift back into town to the taxi and bus stand, will I be able to have an airport taxi take me straight there? If so, would someone be willing to give me a ballpark figure for this trip?

Thanks a bunch!

Kip

#1 Posted: 5/9/2007 - 04:04

• Advertisement

• dancingroads

Joined Travelfish
    25th June, 2006

A taxi to Kampot is usually around $25 for the whole vehicle, one way. Not sure if the airport taxis would do it as it may be more worth their while to do the airport-city route all day... The ball would also be in their court re: charges ;-) I'd recommend arranging a driver through recommendations either on this site or others,agreeing the fee beforehand then having him meet you at arrivals at the airport.

#2 Posted: 10/9/2007 - 00:23

• Kip

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2007

Thanks for the response. I did contact a few cab companies and the lowest price quote I received was for $40 one-way. I've decided that as my flight arrives early, I'll head into town and see if I can catch a bus or a share taxi down instead.

Kip

#3 Posted: 10/9/2007 - 06:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
How much can we expect to pay for taxi from PP to Kampot? ... By ibon on 6 Jan 2010 6 3019 10 Jan 2010