Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Taxi from PNH to Kampot?

Posted by Kip on 5/9/2007 at 04:04

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice (i.e. is it possible and, if so, a price range) on getting from Phnom Penh airport to Kampot.

I will be arriving at PNH at about 9am and want to head straight to Kampot. Rather than catch a lift back into town to the taxi and bus stand, will I be able to have an airport taxi take me straight there? If so, would someone be willing to give me a ballpark figure for this trip?

Thanks a bunch!

Kip

#1 Kip has been a member since 6/7/2007. Posts: 6

Posted by dancingroads on 10/9/2007 at 00:23

A taxi to Kampot is usually around $25 for the whole vehicle, one way. Not sure if the airport taxis would do it as it may be more worth their while to do the airport-city route all day... The ball would also be in their court re: charges ;-) I'd recommend arranging a driver through recommendations either on this site or others,agreeing the fee beforehand then having him meet you at arrivals at the airport.

#2 dancingroads has been a member since 25/6/2006. Posts: 14

Posted by Kip on 10/9/2007 at 06:39

Thanks for the response. I did contact a few cab companies and the lowest price quote I received was for $40 one-way. I've decided that as my flight arrives early, I'll head into town and see if I can catch a bus or a share taxi down instead.

Kip

#3 Kip has been a member since 6/7/2007. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.