Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia eVisa - Hat Lek / Ko Kong

• stever1000

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2013

Hello,
    Can anyone provide me with concrete info regarding showing up at the hat lek/ko kong border crossing with an eVisa? This works 100%?
    I want to get through with no problems, and not pay for the visa on arrival scam at that border.
    I looked at getting the visa beforehand in bangkok, but it sounds like a pain too.

cheers

#1 Posted: 17/3/2014 - 22:36

• Advertisement

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

Very easy, I have used it several times and the other day I got a new one in less than 24 hours from the application but best allow 3 days.

Still need to be aware of other scams at this border - fake health check (20 baht) but just ignore them, offer to fill in entry card (another 20 baht) and again just ignore him.

finally you will have to argue hard to get a decent price into the town of Koh Kong the best you will get it for is 50 baht +bridge fee (12 baht) by moto and if you are very lucky 100 baht for tuk tuk. These prices are only available without the touts and from those drivers wanting to go back into town. Otherwise 100 baht for moto and $6-8 for tuk tuk.

Whatever you do do not take anything only as far as the bridge because it is a long long hot walk from the toll over the bridge and into town

#2 Posted: 19/3/2014 - 06:11

• stever1000

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2013

Thanks for the advice, I will go ahead and get the e-visa application.
    cheers

#3 Posted: 20/3/2014 - 23:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cambodia EVisa Scheme ... By tails101 on 9 Sep 2009 8 3610 12 Nov 2009