Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia itineray advise

• heytoki

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2014

Hello all,
    I am travelling to Cambodia in April. Initially i am flying to Bangkok where i will stay one day before flying with Air Asia to Phonm Phen.
    The day i will arrive to Phonm Phen is the 20th of April and i am flying back to Bangkok from Siem Reap on the 4th of May.
    So i am planning to stay two days in Phonm Phen and then i will be heading down south to Koh Rong or Koh Rong Samloem ( Still to decide). From here i will go to spend the last 3 days in Siem Reap to see Angkor. As i am flying back on the 4th, i was thinking to be in Siemp Reap the 1st of May.
    My question is: How do i get to Siem Reap from Sihanoukville and how long it will take? do i need to go back to Phonm Phen?
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 20/3/2014 - 17:04

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You'll be able to get a bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap but it will go via Phnom Penh. I guess you'd be looking at around 12 hours for the entire trip depending on connection in PP.

#2 Posted: 20/3/2014 - 19:50

• heytoki

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2014

Thank you for your comments.

Do you know roughly the price?

#3 Posted: 21/3/2014 - 07:52

• Ahleckz

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2013

I got the overnight bus from Siem Reap to Shinoukville, it was around 12 US dollars and was comfortable enough. You share a largeish matress with another person so be prepared to make a friend!

I went to Crusoe Island from Shinoukville which is highly recommended. Pretty basic, but the guyus that run it are good fun and it's a great place to chill out. Camping for 2 is something like 6 dollars a night including the equipment.

From Shinoukville it's around a 5 hour journey to PP and IIRC it was 10 dollars. Bus was comfortable enough.

#4 Posted: 22/3/2014 - 05:11

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

I really would NOT recommend the night bus

#5 Posted: 22/3/2014 - 06:24

• heytoki

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2014

Thank you for your comments Ahleckz. I think i will go to Koh Rong instead of Crusoe Island. Crusoe island seems to be a great place but i dont have time to do everything.

Amnicoll- Why would you not recommend the night bus? I have done night buses before in Thailand and thats ok. Are the buses worse than in Thailand? I also did a few bus trips in Laos and even though the buses were crap and very dangerous roads, i consider that part of the travel experience. How do the buses look like in Cambodia then?

#6 Posted: 22/3/2014 - 07:41

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

Safety - the choice is yours but I think you will find that I am not alone in saying this and there have been simillar posts to this effect both on this and other forums

#7 Posted: 22/3/2014 - 07:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
3 week Vietnam\ cambodia itineray?? help ... By seaolon1 on 29 Jul 2010 2 1373 30 Jul 2010
help with itineray viet/sapa/laos/cambodia ... By kerrellsaines on 18 May 2008 0 3167 18 May 2008
Itineray help - 6 weeks Thailand/Cambodia with 2 children ... By Japtha on 9 Jan 2012 3 2335 11 Jan 2012
Southern Laos/Vietnam/Cambodia itineray - Have you done it??? ... By avyanakos on 27 Jun 2008 3 2196 1 Jul 2008
Help With Travel Itineray- Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam ... By azfreed5 on 22 Oct 2007 0 1485 22 Oct 2007