Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Taxi share August 4th to Siem Reap

Posted by Pilar813 on 1/6/2014 at 12:54

Hey everyone! This is my second trip to Thailand and Cambodia, first was 8 years ago, this one is for my honeymoon! :) Me and my husband are arriving in Bangkok early on the 3rd August, and on the 4th want to go to Cambodia. We were thinking of possibly leaving on a bus later in the eve to save money, and just staying on the border in Aranyaprathet, but if there was anyone who was wanting to share a taxi with us to save costs that would be great as to possibly drive all the way to Siem Reap !

Also, IF staying in Aranyaprathet, we plan to hit the border as soon as it opens, and are looking for another couple to share a taxi to Siem Reap with. This would be on August 5th. Anyone have experience with staying in Aranyaprathet? Last time I went, I took a taxi and headed straight to the border. Thanks all!

#1 Pilar813 has been a member since 1/6/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by TerroirTravel on 23/6/2014 at 21:00

Hi- have you considered the train from Bangkok to Aranyaprathet ? Leaves Bangkok early am, you cross the border and get a cab in poipet. It's a nice train ride, though, better than the bus.

You can take a shared van from poipet to Siem Reap for about $10.

We found Aranyaprathet and Poipet to not be places to stay or spend any time in, I wouldn't want to spend the night, just do the crossing and get out.

#2 TerroirTravel has been a member since 1/2/2014. Posts: 58
 Where has TerroirTravel been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.