Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Bringing my motorbike to Siem Reap...doable?

• comtam3000

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2014
    Location United States

I'll be traveling Cambodia on my 110 win starting tomorrow. I've read a few places on the net that riding in Siem Reap can get your bike impounded unless you pay a hefty fine. I was hoping to explore the Angkor temples myself by motorcycle. Has anyone else done this? Thanks in advance for your help.

#1 Posted: 4/6/2014 - 03:48

• Advertisement

• comtam3000

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2014
    Location United States

To answer my own question because undoubtedly others will have the same: it seems it is doable to explore the Angkor temples on your own bike. I myself didn't do it, but I did see some foreigners on larger bikes and some smaller 110s as well. A friend of mine told me he saw the temples on his bike and that he was pulled over in the temple complex and in Siem Reap multiple times, but only because the police wanted to buy his bike off of him, he never had any trouble though.

#2 Posted: 12/7/2014 - 20:04

• petethered

Joined Travelfish
    1st September, 2011
    Places visited:
    At least 44

we rode our bikes around. i would just watch your helmet and stuff. if you parked near a vendor and bought a drink or something they might keep an eye on it for you. if you can find a friend to share a tuk tuk it isn't that much money and it is much nicer to get driven around for a day, though, instead of being on the bike again

#3 Posted: 12/7/2014 - 22:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Siem Reap to Bangkok - doable by lunchtime? ... By woden1809 on 5 Dec 2009 1 2120 5 Dec 2009
Bringing a motorbike to the islands? ... By cbg0927 on 3 Jun 2014 2 516 22 Jun 2014