Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Finding Accommadation in rural areas

• juzzywuzzy

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2014

Hey guys,
    I'm heading to Cambodia/Thailand in October this year.
    I'm planning on riding a push bike from somewhere near the border of Thailand/Cambodian to a destination on the South Eastern Coast of Thailand (approx. 300kms) Undecided on exact starting and finishing points yet ! Well this trek is going to take me 2-3 days (more likely 2 days) so I need find somewhere to stay overnight but i'm really struggling to find any accommodation in rural country quieter areas of Thailand. I have heard the villagers are so kind and welcoming that I could stay anywhere in 1 of the villages but i'd prefer to have something already booked before I arrive as opposed to just winging it. Anybody have any ideas??
    I also need to purchase a bicycle from somewhere (renting is out of the question as I wont be able to return it) but I got no idea where I could purchase a bike from. Really stuck here. Any suggestions from anyone would be great !
    Cheers
    - Justin

#1 Posted: 9/6/2014 - 23:43

• Advertisement

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

are you asking here about thailand or cambodia as posted in Cambodia

In Thailand you may find it hard - villagers are very friendly it is true but hotels are sparse in the villages and you would have to ask around. Having said this as a man you may well find that the monks will offer accomodation

forget booking

#2 Posted: 14/6/2014 - 06:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.