Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

want to do cambodia, vietnam & laos...4 weeks

Posted by bpattu on 4/10/2007 at 14:52

hi...i have 4 weeks starting 17th december and want to do cambodia, vietnam & laos. i am told i will have to fly into bangkok from mumbai and then cross into cambodia...i want to do a laid back, taking in the places kind of trip ...any suggestions on the itinery? i checked the sotuhern loop on this site but would like to do hanoi & saigon as well....any suggestions would be really helpful to make a start... what are things one shouldnt miss and stuff...i am looking at backpacking and am travelling alone...so would be looking at an economical trip...basic clean accomodation, bus rides and things....any idea on how much this trip will cost me? approximately?
all help welcome...

#1 bpattu has been a member since 14/9/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/10/2007 at 05:05 admin

Hi bpattu,

If you were to break that up into something like :
Cambodia 1 week
Vietnam 2 weeks
Laos 1 week

Then you could travel by train up the Vn coast, hitting the mainstays -- so Saigon, Nha Trang, Da Nang, Hue and Hanoi. Timewise, it will be worth considering then taking a flight from Hanoi to Luang Prabang in Laos and then working either north or south depending on where you want to go.

Vietnam, about US$15 a day is a good basic budget, a little less if you don't travel too much.

Hope that helps

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by bpattu on 5/10/2007 at 11:41

thanks somtam 2000...that helps...but was thinkingperhaps a little more time in cambodia would be good...

#3 bpattu has been a member since 14/9/2007. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.