Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Ratanakiri - Ban Lung

• Harry05

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

A few questions about Ban Lung - Ratanankiri, will be there in february for about 4D/3N.
    * good budget place to stay?
    * advice on good tours, things to be seen (nature, villages etc)?
    * is it possible/worth visiting Virachey NP from Ban Lung (which company?)
    * how will the weather be in febr.?
    Thanks in advance for answering,
    Harry.

#1 Posted: 7/10/2007 - 23:11

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

All the budget roads in Ban Lung lead to Mr Leng and the Ratanak Hotel. The latter was pretty diveish when I was last there (a couple of years back) but I can't imagine it has improved with age...

Mr Leng is the local fixer who can arrange pretty much anything - he's also a hopeless gossip and amusing company for a beer or two. Aside from the volcano lake, there's a bunch of other things to do -- the most interesting thing I did was to travel by motorbike then boat to the minority cemeteries a few hours away -- fascinating. For some reason that info isn't showing up in our Ban Lung section, so I'll see if I can dig it up and get it onto the site.

I didn't go to Virachay, but Mr Leng and also Tribal Hotel were offering one, two and three day trips up into the park -- sounded very good - I just didn't have time to get up there.

If you've got time, there's some great things to do up there - we were offered the chance to head by boat from Ban Lung west to the Mekong at Stung Treng -- a two day one night trip (sleep in a village halfway) -- sounded great, but again, didn't have enough time.

Hope that helps

#2 Posted: 8/10/2007 - 13:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Great guide around Ratanakiri and Ban Lung ... By pavelkx on 6 Jun 2012 0 2053 6 Jun 2012