Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Mekong Delta Tour from Phnom Phen to HCMC?

Posted by Harry05 on 8/10/2007 at 23:38

While travelling from Cambodia to Vietnam I wanna use a Mekong Delta tour leaving from Phnom Phen and ending in HCMC (former Saigon). Any recommendations about that?
* Which are good companies? How much will it cost?
* What is recommended 3D/2N, 4D/3N?
* Are there places that are not to be missed?
* Is it a better option than going to HCMC and take a Mekong Delta tour from there?

Thanks answering,

Harry
(p.s. I know I have to arrange my Vietnam visa before leaving Cambodia)

#1 Harry05 has been a member since 9/9/2007. Posts: 60

Posted by jpurple on 12/10/2007 at 09:44

Harry did you ever get information about your inquiry above. Four friends are traveling in December and we have the same questions.

Thanks,
Joyce

#2 jpurple has been a member since 12/10/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by rakhee2108 on 13/10/2007 at 19:24

Hey, every guesthouse offers Mekong tours, from PP to HCMC. We booked a 3day/2night Mekong Delta tour from our guesthouse (Okay GH, #5 Street 258)for approx. $30USD. Transport, guesthouse, breakfasts and English speaking guide included. The company was called Mekong Tours.

Day 1: Border crossing - slow boat from PP to Chau Doc, Vietnam. Free afternoon/evening
Day 2: Chau Doc to Can Tho - floating markets, fish farm.
Day 3: Can Tho to HCMC (arrive at TNK Travel office). Visit bonsai gradens, boat trip, visit rice factory, visit rice noodle factory, walk in small traditional Mekong village

Going rate for Vietnamese visa is $30USD.

#3 rakhee2108 has been a member since 8/3/2007. Posts: 55

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.