Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Bus to Kampot

• Kip

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2007

I arrive at Phnom Penh airport at 8am next Thursday and would like to catch a bus the same day to Kampot. From what I've read, there are a few different departure points for lunchtime buses that go to Kampot, so I'm wondering if someone could offer a suggestion or two regarding where the best place to go to buy tickets and catch a Kampot bus might be?

My "worry" is that I'll choose a bus station, get there, and find there's no way to buy tickets, or there's no service that day. Do you think it would be better for me to head straight from the airport to a travel agent or guesthouse that sells tickets?

Thanks!

Kip

#1 Posted: 11/10/2007 - 16:50

• Advertisement

• rakhee2108

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2007
    Total reviews: 6

Hey, we arrived at PP airport in the morning and headed straight to Phnom Penh Sorya bus station, near Sorya market, to catch a bus to Sihanoukville. This bus station offered the greatest range of bus times. I'm sure Sorya bus will offer an afternoon service to Kampot. If not, from Sorya bus station, just walk round the corner to GST bus station, which might offer the service.

#2 Posted: 13/10/2007 - 19:07

• Kip

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2007

Rakhee,

Thanks so much for the reply! It's good to hear of someone's personal experience.

Kip

#3 Posted: 14/10/2007 - 03:30

• amy_k_lehma-
    nn

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2007

I would do the same thing, head straight to Sorya bus company, right near the market. They have lots of buses leaving all day, you will definately get one. Enjoy Kampt and visit Bokor!

#4 Posted: 19/10/2007 - 06:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.