Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Boat from Cambodia to Thailand

• Lazna

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2007

Hi,
    please can y give me some informations how can I get from Cambodia to Thailand by boat?
    Thx for help

#1 Posted: 12/10/2007 - 00:10

• Advertisement

• Lazna

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2007

I meant boat across the gulf of Thailand to some of the isladns in Thailand.

#2 Posted: 12/10/2007 - 00:38

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

I don't think there are any direct boats to Thai islands from Cambodia. And even if you hired a boat for yourself, you'd have to go through customs somewhere, so I don't think that would work. You can take a boat from Sihanoukville to the border (Ko Kong) though.

#3 Posted: 12/10/2007 - 03:56

• goo_stewart

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2007

There are no scheduled boats from Cambodia crossing to any of the tourist islands in Thailand. You can get a boat from Sihanoukville (and it stops at one place along the Cambo coats, can't remember the name) to Koh Kong then cross the boarder into Thailand. As above, you need a customs point, the only customs point is at Hat Lek in Thailand along the eastern coastline.

#4 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 10:15

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

As goo_stewart says, no direct boats. The halfway island between Ko Kong and Sanookyville is Ko S'Dach

#5 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 16:59

• goo_stewart

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2007

Somtam, have you ever (or anyone else) stayed on the island? Is it worth a nights visit? Looks interesting!

#6 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 19:54

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Sorry, just saw your post goo_stewart, yes I've stayed on Ko S'dach (it's my notes that added it to Travelfish). It's a good spot -- very very unadulterated, which is surprising considering two boats, packed with foreigners stop there every day!

#7 Posted: 6/11/2007 - 16:34

• ph

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2007

Hi,
    I was looking into traveling across the Gulf of Thailand by boat too. Are there any options to do this at all? I was wanting to go from Thailand to Cambodia.
    If not (due to visas etc) are there any options to travel through the gulf from Southern Thailand, Ko Samui, into the bay,say Ko Samet or further South.

Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks!

#8 Posted: 6/11/2007 - 17:00

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi ph,

The only way you can do this is via private yacht -- either on your own yacht, chartering one, or crewing on one. There are no regular passenger ferries plying any of the routes you mention.

I remember hearing about a cruise liner that was running from Pattaya down towards Ko Samui, but by all accounts it was truly awful and I get the feeling that's not the type of transport you're looking for anyways.

#9 Posted: 6/11/2007 - 17:30

• goo_stewart

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2007

I am going to give the island a go, sounds interesting for a night or two!

Thanks

#10 Posted: 6/11/2007 - 20:15

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.