Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

eVisas for cambodoa and vietnam

• timNZ

Joined Travelfish
    18th October, 2007

Hi,

I am going to be traveling through Cambodia and Vietnam in Dec this year and was just wondering if anybody has had any problems with the eVisa services these countries offer.

In theory they sound great, but I am a little apprehensive about sending all of my personal information (passport details, photo, credit card No. etc) electronically to these countries.

Do I have any cause for concern?! Any info at all would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

#1 Posted: 18/10/2007 - 22:07

• Advertisement

• amy_k_lehma-
    nn

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2007

I entered Cambodia from Thailand at the Poipet border and used an e visa, no problems. I am sure it would be fine at the Moc Bai border too. All the facilities at immigartion are new and super organised compared to the rest of the country. Not sure about Vietnam, but think it would be fine too. Enjoy that amazing part of the world!

#2 Posted: 19/10/2007 - 05:52

• tristalee

Joined Travelfish
    31st October, 2007

Hello. I just travel back from Cambodia. I had apply my visa by using Cambodia e-visa. It is an easier, faster and convenience way to apply the visa online. If you interested for it, you can go through this link : http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/ . Hope it can help you. Thanks. :)

#3 Posted: 31/10/2007 - 16:18

• steveatkins

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2007

Hi, i know about 40 people who have used the e-Visa system and not one of them has got a bad thing to say about it, rather the opposite they are all very impressed...

#4 Posted: 11/11/2007 - 10:27

• Yun

Joined Travelfish
    18th August, 2007

I'm arriving via Phnom Penh airport from Bangkok - so from an international airport I don't expect to have any problems getting a visa at the airport (ie. false prices etc).

Given that the eVisa is USD25, and the live visa is USD20, is it really that much more convenient to spend the extra USD5?

(Before anyone says something like *it's only 5 dollars etcetcetc* assume that saving money is preferably given how expensive short flights from BKK to PP are, and there's no point paying more for the same service unless there's a real benefit.)

#5 Posted: 16/12/2007 - 21:29

• ron67

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2007

Trying to find out can we get a taxi from Kep (Cambodia) to Rach Gia Vietnam ? if so about how much? and how long does it take?
    or can we cross the border to Ha Tien and get a taxi there? again how much how long?
    Also the Hydrofoil from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc Island, can we buy the ticket just before leaving, or do we have to book in advance,if so where can we book? All information much appreciated
    Regards ron67

#6 Posted: 19/12/2007 - 07:39

• steveatkins

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2007

With an eVisa at PNH and REP airports they have a special passport control channel for eVisa holders, so potentially your 5 bucks may save you 15 - 45 minutes (unless of course everyone on your flight has an eVisa!!)

#7 Posted: 30/12/2007 - 16:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.