Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

My trip and have i got enough time to travel overland or shall i fly??

• dazm26

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2007

Hiya guys,

IM soon (Feb 12th) flying to Vietnam where im doing a organsied trup through intrepid travel on the reuninification express which takes me from Hanoi to HCMC.

From there i have approximately 3 weeks until i am meeting a friend in the Phi Phi islands in Thailand. In this 3 weeks i want to see as much as Cambodia as possible, where i plan to stay in PP, Sihanoukville, Siem Reap (angkor wat) and maybe Battambang. I have approx 2 weeks to do all this in Cambodia and im thinking if i rely on overland travel this could eat up my time, so was thinking maybe a flight from Siem Reap to Bangkok which will save that final journey.

What do you think guys? IM sorry if ive bored you or this makes no sense!!

Daz

#1 Posted: 22/11/2007 - 17:19

• Advertisement

• forgandi

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

You need to allow a full day to travel overland to Bangkok from Siem Reap. If you can afford the time it is well worth the experience and easier and cheaper than going the other way. In the end the two factors and time and money and which ever is more important to you.
    Di

#2 Posted: 23/11/2007 - 08:05

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

We've got a story on Bangkok to Siem Reap here which should be handy in giving you an idea of how much travel is involved.

If you take a look in the trip planners for Cambodia you'll get an idea of some of the transport times involved -- should help to make the right decision -- as Di says, it's a toss up between time and money.

#3 Posted: 23/11/2007 - 09:07

• jimsparadise

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2006

Check out Air Asia--very cheap flights in the entire area. Why take a bumpy bus if a flight is cheap. From Bangkok to Krabi, it's only $12-15 flight plus $20 taxes. I think they fly to Siem Reap, maybe not. They do fly to Phnom Penh for sure. Enjoy Sihanoukville--great beaches, beer, and seafood. Love that place. From Krabi, simple boat ride to Phi Phi--just don't stay in the town of Krabi for a night--my only bad night ever in Thailand. Dirty and loud in the AM. Options near Krabi with nice beaches are Railay and Ao Nang and both offer plenty of local longtail boat ride options to other beaches and sboats to Phi Phi. Railay and nearby caves are a must see--nice beaches. Sa-wat dee khap.

#4 Posted: 25/11/2007 - 16:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
first time travel 6week trip,need advice!! :) ... By Tinasomers123 on 14 Sep 2013 2 753 16 Sep 2013