Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

battambang guide

• karentenk

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2007

just want to recommend my guide, mr. kim, who works from the chaya hotel. he speaks english and he's extremely kind and can really show you rural cambodian life. (or temples or whatever you want, but i wanted a break from temples) he's so honest he even offered to give me the 2000R (50 cents) commission he apparently gets from the bus company for taking foreigners to buy bus tickets--even though he was helping me and them.

he took me by motorbike (even including a loaner helmet) out and around the countryside to see various families and their businesses. Rice paper making, rice noodle making, fish paste making, (edible) mushroom growing, a pineapple farm, rice milling, etc...really fascinating. way way local.
    also did the bamboo train.

his number is 012654427 or you can ask for him around the chaya hotel.

#1 Posted: 1/12/2007 - 15:26

• Advertisement

• Ashe88

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2007

Thanks, I have been thinking about this sort of stuff lately. If mr kim is good enough for you then he's good enough for me!

#2 Posted: 6/12/2007 - 13:25

• chopin

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi Karen,

How much he charges per day, or on whatever basis?

Thx

#3 Posted: 6/12/2007 - 14:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.